Monday, May 12, 2014

INTERESTING EXPERIENCE USING ENGLISH


 One of those many days that I used to spent into the closest library of mi house, in which I passed the time studying resubmit the national test knows as a "Prueba Pre - Saber" which evaluates your basic knowledge and  certifies you to enter at the Public Universities.


     Well that day I was into my  the languages room of the my favorite Library in Bogotà which is the "Luis Angel Arango" when an elderly couple came to and asked me if I knew where the lockers where, and If I could guide them, I was agree, and say yes, I really feel Exited because of the matter of talking with a foreign person.

Well I had been was studying English, but I had understood them, although I had never talked to anyone. I was very ashamed and I did not believe they would understand me. Then talk to them  with some basic vocabulary, and phrases I have read, they correct me part of the pronunciation and we help us each other by using paralanguage.

           
       Despite I  I just have studied grammar rules on my own, I did not listen or speak  very well in english. But the couple understand me and tell me I have a good accent and that my pronunciation was not too bad as I was telling them.

      It was a crazy and a happy experience, and it makes me felt confortable and encouraged me to continued study english to get accuracy and fluence on it.

Add caption
I thougth especially  in English, becuase througth this languages I could communicate with people fron differents countries, as I did with the eldery couple, who were from Germany.  

No comments:

Post a Comment